Monday, March 03, 2008

mapua swimming sports




On the 28th of February we went to Riwaka School for our swimming sports. We had to go to Riwaka because our pool is not big enough for holding competitive events.

When we got there we got into our togs and got ready for the first race. The fist race was the open championship where the competitors had to swim three lengths. "On your marks, get set GO!"yelled our principal, Mr Wemyss,and off they went. Then Mr Hepburn called out the next event, "8 year old boys, freestyle". and it went on like this all day(with a few bumps and bruises).
The races were freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.

At the end of the competition, they announced the winning house (this is based on points for place getters and number of entries for each House."In 4th is Red, in 3rd is Yellow,in 2nd is Green..." (At this stage the cries and shouts from blue were huge because they got the message that they had won;YIPPEE!)"and in 1st is blue" (the message just got clearer and the shouts got louder).
All in all it was a great day - plenty of sunshine, great effort by the swimmers and fantastic support from each house group.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a great time at the swimming sports. The weather was nice and warm. I bet that helped make the day such a fantastic success.

Allanah K

ICT facilitator

Discover IT Tasman

Anonymous said...

Sounded like you all had a good day.
Well done Blue house!
Kate

Anonymous said...

It was a great day to be a spectator as there was some awesome swimming done by Room 6. Well done, Go Blue!!!

Nad.

Anonymous said...

hi room 6

I love the photos on the blog we do not have any yet for Room 9 but we will hopefully soon. Good job at the swimming sports. Go Blue!!!!!!

Rosie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rm 6,

I agree with you about the Swimming Sports, it was really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work,

Rhea

Anonymous said...

hi room 6
I really like your blog I wish ours at room 9 could be as good as yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eden

Anonymous said...

hi room 6
I really like your blog I wish ours at room 9 could be as good as yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eden

Anonymous said...

G-day room 6

Keep up the good work

Eden

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon room 6

I really enjoy your fun and interesting reveiw on your blog!!!!!!!!!
I look at it every night

from Eden

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.